Thread: My Dad's Story
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 3, 2008, 11:04 PM

Thanks for your kind words, Neil. We don't have any relatives here in Texas, and my sister lives in Kansas City, so it's difficult for her to get down this way very often - though she came to visit for Thanksgiving and it was a welcome little break for me.
Dad came home from the hospital today. He's a bit weak, and his back is still very painful - but I think he will make good progress at home. We have arranged for his IV antibiotics to be administered at home, and he'll get PT and OT also. The infectious disease dr. wants blood work twice a week, so I'm we'll keep track of his counts with those draws, and get him to the hospital as needed for transfusions.
I am so thankful the osteomyelitis was discovered, but hope that we will be able to keep it under control, as I understand it can be a chronic condition. What a bummer! I just wish there was a way to be more prepared for all the curve balls that get thrown at those of us battling these bone marrow failure disorders. This infection really caught me off guard!
Dad is amazing, despite it all. He's my hero.
Deb, daughter of Paul, dx. 8/07 SAA, 2 ATG treatments, beginning to go longer between blood transfusions.....