View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 10, 2015, 09:07 PM

I had a bone marrow aspiration 18 years ago when I first started having the low platelets. I've seen a hematologist every since. My last visit was last month. Something on my histogram has him concerned. I was happy my platelets and WBC counts were up. He said he was glad they were up, but concerned. Something about a tail. This has been going on so long with platelets I hardly think nothing of it, but the WBC's is new.

Saw my primary doc a month ago and she tried to put me on a low carb diet. Made me sick. Got weak and dizzy and sick to stomach. Couldn't be some bug as I have not gone around people. After a couple of weeks, I went off it. I am believing when I get back to running I will feel better. I appreciate you telling me about your experience so I can watch with that. I will see about getting the Echinacea too. I tend to drink the air borne stuff anytime I go out in public areas. I do get sick easy. With the widespread flu and stomach bugs I've stayed home. Schools here have closed due to illness. No sense taking chances. When I get sick it takes me twice as long to get better.