View Single Post
Old Mon May 24, 2010, 04:28 PM

bone marrow biopsy and aspiration questions??????

Hello all, I am new here so please bare with me. I have read for days on this site and you all are SOOO educated. I was wondering if you could help me or give input.

I have had Severe Chronic Neutropenia for 5 years or more and was finally diagnosed 1yr and 7 months ago. They can't tell me why i have it. I have been on Neupogen since diagnosis and was doing well for a long time. For the last 4 months I am physically back where I was before I started the injections. I am tired and fatigued all the time, I am pale, my limbs feel heavy, I have horrible night sweats and dark circles under my eyes. I am do for an oncology visit June 14th.

My questions pertain to my blood work and biopsy BEFORE I began Neupogen. My thoughts go toward "maybe I am being treated solely for Neutropenia when it is something more."

Here is my info. from about 8 different CBC's
blood :Absolute Neutrophil count 0.4, Abs Monocytes Low, Abs Lymphocytes High, Abs Eos Low. Reds were normal

From 1 Bone Marrow biopsy: Neutrophil Bands Very High, Monocytes High, Lymphocytes Low, Left Shifted Myeloid Maturation, High M:E Ratio, Only 2% blasts, bone marrow was normocellular. The bone sample had prominent osteosclerosis. I had no chromosomal abnormalities.

I know this is not all of the information but I asked the doctor what all of this meant. She mentioned something about MDS and said we could talk about it when we crossed that bridge. Then reverted back t0 the SCN and taking Neupogen. Is the info above indicative of MDS? I can give exact numbers and additional info if you need them but I am not at home. I am so scared and fear that this is not just Neutropenia given my recent health. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you for letting me post.

Michelle