View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 25, 2010, 06:34 PM

My doctor strictly warned me not to take any aspirin or ibuprofen/NSaids. Tylenol was the only over the counter pain med they approved due to the blood thinning effect and the risks with cyclosporine. I believe I have a good team of Drs here at WVU Hospitals. I'm very fortunate to have a BMT Center and team of doctors so close to me (less than 30 miles).

I asked the Doctor about my MCV....he's watching, but not worrying. It was 116 at one point before diagnosis in September. Got down near 102 during ATG and went up to 105 last week. Happy to say it was 104 today and my platelets are up another 7 pts to 37. White cells are holding their own and RBC only went down very slightly last couple of days. I suspect the RBC count and the MCV have a correlation that will show a more positive effect if MCV continues down

Had my best day since leaving hospital yesterday and felt pretty good today also. Singing his praises for Good Days!!!
Thanks for everyone's encouragement! Wishing best to all of you as well!
Donna, age 44, diagnosed AA 9/30/10; treated h-ATG 10/3/10 and cyclosporine to 2012; Oct 2012 Duodenal cancer/Whipple procedure; 7/29/13 diagnosed PNH; July 2014 stable but very low HgB & Platelets(25-35)-Cyclosporine; Prednisone and bi-weekly soliris infusions