View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 15, 2012, 09:54 AM

Twilees Mom,

My heart goes out to you also. I can remember that feeling of "will this sick feeling in my stomach ever go away." And let me assure you, that it does, even though occasionally it will creep back in. Here is a saying that my sister had posted on Facebook and I copied recently, which helps:
"There isn't enough room in your mind
for both worry and faith. You must
decide which one will live there."
My husband was diagnosed two years ago. I am on the Internet constantly. One warning to you is - be sure you look at current information. A lot of the info is outdated and will just confuse you. Not that this disease isn't confusing under the best of circumstances.
I would also advise getting a second or third opinion if you aren't comfortable with the doctor, or even if you are, it never hurts to get another perspective.
I hope you are young enough for a transplant. My husband isn't so that is not an option for him.
There are so many great people on this board and it can be a great source of information as well as support.
Just know you are not in this alone and don't hesitate to ask questions. Good luck and God bless,
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.