Thread: ATg response
View Single Post
Old Thu May 26, 2011, 09:57 PM

When I was diagnosed in 99' with my blood disorder I tried the horse serum atg in Aug of 99' the treatment worked right away with me as soon as I started the horse serum, my red blood counts stayed in the 10s and 11s for 2 in a half months and I didn't need a transfusion... after the 2 1/2 months I started needing blood transfusions every 4 weeks again. so far to this day that was the only treatment that actually worked on me. A couple years later I did the rabbit serum that didn't do anything for me! I ended getting serum sickness from it....
Now I'm seeing a bone marrow doctor and he wants to do a bone marrow biopsy on me since its been 6 years since I last got one and he's checking to see if anythings changed, since then if it hasn't then he wants me to give the horse serum a try again... I'm hoping it work for good! And ill be cured.. but since its been years I'm afraid maybe ill develop serum sickness with this or maybe it will make me have to get blood transfusions less than 4 weeks..... I guess you don't know until you try?
Right now I'm willing to try anything.. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! Lol
25 yrs old, Diagnosed with Pure Red Cell Aplasia in January 1999 At age 13, Monthly blood transfusions of Red blood cells Every 4 weeks, Takes Exjade 1750 MG. Started Horse ATG 6/20/11; Taking Cyclosporine 200MG twice a Day!