Thread: ATg response
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 5, 2011, 07:46 AM

atg response

I joined in the webinar the other evening given by some top professor of haematology and I asked what is the average response time.... he said that they don't expect to see anything until months 3 - 6 after atg!!! Those who respond earlier are just lucky!!!
So I then asked should I be disappointed that I had mine in March and still no real signs of response.... he replied "not at all, you may not see anything substantial until the 5th month" He then went on to say that most consultants will review you at 6 months and if there has been very little or no response they will suggest a second atg, but that sometimes people start to respond at month 6 and they use a watch and wait.... I do know of someone who this happened to and they are now in full remission! Believe me, I know how awful this is, but I am not going to say it hasn't worked until my consultant says. Another blood test tomorrow...I feel very well, but still have some little red blood spots on the back of my hands so I know that my plates are low...keep the faith! xx