View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 15, 2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8773 View Post
How long after BMT until y'all had normal counts? My husband is on day +65
Hi Heather, as Whizbang mentioned achieving normal counts is different for everyone. For me, normal counts in all 3 cell lines took about 5 months. One thing that can keep the counts from normalizing is the immunosuppression medication.

-My white cells & neutrophils hit the normal range around day 21 which was also the first day my labs showed these engrafted. (Neutrophils were still just .24 (240) on day 17. Typically white cells will be the first cell line to engraft)
-My platelets were well into the normal range by day 16 & my last platelet transfusion was around day 3. (Oddly the platelets were the first cell line to normalize when they soared to 300. This had all the experts shaking their heads.)
-My red cells normalized at about 5 months. (My last red cell transfusion was 3-1/2 months post transplant, HB normalized at 5 months & although my HCT was 1 pt shy of normal until about month 7, it was so close to normal I considered it to be normal)

When I lowered my cyclosporine dose to 100mg 2x day in late November (10 months) my HCT bumped to 40

Best,