View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 4, 2014, 11:52 PM

@Bailie, all i can say is thank goodness for the Germans and French. I had 6 ten of ten matches to choose from all French or Germnan in origin. You are also very fortunate that they are both so young, especially the female if she has not yet given birth.

@wife of diver down, I am very glad to hear of your husband's progress. I was quite worried about him for a while, but he sounds like one heck of a fighter. I am sure that you are proud. I am using lidex on my arms and and a couple of spots on my legs, but using desonide on my head, face, and neck as needed.

I had not heard anything about using aquaphor to enhance the effects, but it might help with the peeling and burning that lidex seems to induce, and maybe with the skin regeneration. Lidex tends to burn me a bit. Because I have never been biopsied, I do use clotrimazole 2 times per day on the arms as well, because I had issues with fungal infections initially.

Lastly, it is somewhat common to add sirolimus to tacrolimus to provide additional immune suppression, but oral steroids are the standard, so long as the patient can deal with the side effects.

It is really great that the BK virus is diminishing.....I have been seeing a pretty good trend in the right direction myself, although I don't know the exact clone copies, I can tell you that they are down based on how I feel.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.