View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 27, 2008, 01:00 PM

Unknown skin sores

Hi Donna,

Good job posting pics of those horrible lesions. My wife, Nellie, and I have been looking at those pics and have some questions for you. Is your dad on Prednisone? That may help the symptoms. Along with the Bactroban Cream I suggested in prior posts. I suspect the pain he gets is from the soars drying out and pulling on the surrounding skin. I experience the same pain when I develop water blisters on my legs. They brake then dry and can become very painful. I use the cream and it helps prevent infection, soften the lesion and ease the pain. May not be a cure in your dads case, but may make him more comfortable.

Nellie has only practical experience with Prednisone. She takes it for lesions and soars that she gets as results of her Lupus. Since she was a young girl she has suffered with the effects of Lupus of which she has had many unknown sores, lesions, swelling, bumps and bruises. So unfortunately they may never find out what exactly the sores are and are from, maybe we can help him feel more comfortable.

Good luck with that and wishing your dad well.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.