View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 1, 2008, 03:19 AM

Hi Donna

Thanks for posting your pics. I felt a tinge of sadness when I saw them because its so similar to what my Dad's skin looks like. He had a severe reaction to anti-inflammatory medication last year and his skin looked very similar to your Dad's. My Dad continually suffers from skin lesions which apparently is caused by bleeding underneath the skin (very low platelets) and then simply a light bump causes the skin to break open. My Dad's last blast cell count was 20% but we are hoping that the chemo he is receiving will start having a different effect. He has been on Vidaza and his body took a knock and the bleeding/lesions were worse than ever. He stopped Vidaza end February and with him being in hospital under constant care (he is in-patient for 6 months receiving chemo) his skin is looking better although still blotchy and discoloured in places.

All of the best and hold out hope
Regards
Alison
Alison, daughter of Rod aged 61; Dx May 2007; was on Neupogen and Eprex Aug - Dec '07; Vidaza recommended 6 cycles starting Jan '08, only 5 cycles completed. Chemotherapy commenced: July '08 - Feb - '09. Cytarabine & Daunarubicin. Transfusion dependent.