View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 3, 2008, 10:09 AM

Smile Update on Dad's Condition

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to update you on my Dad. He spent over a month in the hospital over the summer. He is now home and my mom continues to care for his wounds. His doctors say that he is "living his miracle" because he can no longer take Neupogen for his white blood cells because his body is now allergic to it. His white blood cell count and platelet counts are very low. He continues to get blood transfusions and suffers from nose bleeds at times. They feel he is still here because he loves my Mom so much. I DO BELIEVE THAT TO!!!! It is amazing what the power of prayer and love can do!!!! She is fabulous and cares for him better than any nurse can. My mom turns 70 on October 24th and I know he wants to be around for that. GOD WILLING he will be.

We need to continue to all fight to see that the Bone Marrow Failure Disease Research and Treatment Act is supported and passed in Congress. Please email all your friends and family, leave fliers from the aamds.org web site with your doctor's office. Flood the phones . . . we all have the power to make a difference and get this legislation passed.

Lastly, I continue to pray for all of you fighting this disease as well as loving and caring for someone with this disease. May God Bless you all . . . .

All my love from New Jersey,
Donna E