View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 30, 2009, 12:27 AM

Update on my Dad's Condition

Hi Everyone, I am sorry that I have been away for so long. We almost lost my Dad over the summer months and he was again hospitalized during Thanksgiving. He is home but is still battling horrible skin wounds all over his body. He is in much pain and is on medication. He continues to fight with such courage. He usually needs a transfusion weekly. I felt the need to return to the forum because once again I am battling my feelings of not being able to do anything for him. I wish I could take it all away but I have committed to helping out more for my mom's sake as she has been nursing him for so many years and these wounds are getting them both down.
I want you all to know that I believe you are all HEROES and I pray for all of you in this battle. For the immediate care givers . . . let your sons and daughters know when you need help. My mom is too proud so now I will just go over her home weekly. I should have known living with my mom all my life that she would not let me help easily even though she needs it . . . Now I have decided to just go there . . . to be there for both of them in any way I can . . . LOVE TO YOU ALL . . . STAY STRONG and keep HOPE alive . . .
My Dad just celebrated his 72 birthday on St. Patrick's Day
I am a lucky woman every day I am around both of my parents. They have taught me a lot through this fight.