View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 19, 2012, 12:51 PM

A bit worried, questions about post transplant life

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience like this. Today is +105 post MUD transplant for AA. Everything until last week has been great, sometimes sluggish, but great. My WBC to that point had crawled to 3.8. I have felt fantastic and am very grateful for that. Then last week I had stomach pain and went into the ER and it turns out I had to have an appendectomy (a great way to get your white count to spike to 10.5!). The surgery went just fine and then yesterday I went for one of my now twice monthly appointments with my transplant doctor.

Previously my platelets had been holding out at 90,000, WBC 3.wherever, and HGB at 10.5-11.

Yesterday my platelets fell to 49,000, WBC went up to 7.5, and HGB to 11.7
For the most part these were great except the falling platelets bring to mind the same process that began all of this.

Then another piece of news was added that had kind of made my wife and my hearts drop. The 100 day BMB came back 100% donor marrow (Wooo!) but for some reason my T cells (CD3) were only 80% donor even though previous peripheral draws had shown 98+.

Our doctor said that the platelets could very well be due to the surgery to remove my appendix. But he said that the % is a bit concerning and at this point he is hoping for some GVHD to show that there is some battling going on.

Sorry for my length, I was just curious if anyone has experienced this or something similar before. I would love to talk to someone about this, it's just a bit scary.

Thank you!