View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 11:18 PM

Hey Deb!

If you decide to give wheatgrass another shot, you could try the capsules of freeze-dried wheatgrass juice from Eclectic Institute. The capsules are about the size of a Tylenol caplet, so they aren't hard to swallow and they taste like nothing.

I've been using those, but I've also ordered some more of the "horse" pills, which appear to be ground up wheatgrass stuck together with some kind of a binder. I actually got to like the taste of those. Go figure!

I've tried the wheagrass powder in smoothies, but I'm not being good about making the smoothies everyday, so I figure the pills and tablets are going to work better for me.

I don't expect to know whether the wheatgrass has helped for a couple more months, when I'll get my ferritin checked again. I really hope I can use it to avoid Exjade, but that may be a pipe dream.

Thanks for the article. I'm going to go read it now.

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com