View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 29, 2006, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zita Desenberg View Post
About a year ago I posted to the AA-MDS-Talk listserve a question about Vidaza. I was interested in the side effects and results people have experienced as the drug has been suggested for me. I have not used Vidaza yet, but I am still interested in hearing about other's reactions to the drug.

I was diagnosed with MDS 10 years ago and have experienced very few symptoms associated with the disease. My platelet counts are the lowest- currently measuring from 26,000 to 50,000 - depending on which lab I am using. I fortunately have had no bruising or bleeding - on occasion a few sores on my gums or throat.

Thanks for responding.
Dear Zita,
The only side effects I had from Vidaza was constipation so I took Senna-C laxative and that helped plus liquids. I did a round robin and had the injections first on each arm, then thighs and then my stomach. Did get huge black and blue marks and now have tan circles. Had five sessions from March to July. Did not work for me and took my counts down. Now have tx's about once a month. WBC and platelets are slowing going up.

Good luck, hope it works for you.
Monica Meyer
dx. 8/03 MDS-RARS