View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 20, 2013, 01:15 AM

Susan thank you. Yes he had 3 potential matches (blessed) and at the time we asked she said she would have to double chk.

Steve no it is a full on transplant. total body radiation and chemo. They are waiting until he zeros out (about 7 days) then they will transplant. They were wanting the donor to give bmt (marrow) not sct but haven't told us which the donor agreed to. Unfortunately I wasn't at the appointment where they talked about risks of over seas donor but from what my mother in law remembers it is that in Eroupe there was a time period that some infections were present. Maybe Neil knows?
Vicki so good to hear from you I have been thinking about u a lot! Well same appointment I missed they talked about flying in the donor cells. I thought ins payed to bring the donor over!? That's what I was told when I joined the be the match registry to be a donor. So idk why the cells are being flown over and still wondering can they really not need to be frozen?
Vicki how are you doing now?
Praying for y'all
Heather, wife of Ronald 36; dx PNH 2012; Dx VSAA 2013; eculizumab(Solaris) hATG 2/20/13 cyclosporine 400 mg daily. 37 units RBC and 15 units of platelets. Post BMT -pentam,vorconizole,valtrex, valcyte, actigall, Pepcid , prograf, magnesium.
10/10 MUD 10/10/13
Now no PNH or AA. Mixed Chimerisim