View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 29, 2013, 01:18 AM

Thank you DebS and SusanML. Yes, it's so much to take in and very difficult also as we have gone from Pedi Hematologist to Adult Medicine. Lots of change...

Initially we were given a binder of BMT information and did go through it carefully. I asked questions in relation to that binder at our followup appointment and was given conflicting responds.

My son's appointment is coming up this Wed. and hopefully we'll have a clearer picture or a better recommendation.

Again, he is currently doing okay and feels well. His Hgb is low but stable at 7.9-8.5, but his WBC/ANC & Platelets are in normal range. There is no immediate urgency, but his Primary Hematologist thinks that this would be the best time for BMT due to my son's age, overall health, etc... One BMT Dr. suggests he should either try another round of ATG or Solaris for PNH. So, we will see what this second BMT Dr. suggests.

Again, Thanks so much!