View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 13, 2015, 07:35 PM

Question questions for my doctors

In my previous posts. I was confused about whether or not i should be getting a BMT. bc my counts were actually holding for longer. And with the responses i was getting from u guys on here i realize i have no idea what i'm dealing with. And was not asking enough of the right questions. I was putting all my trust into my doctors. (who are very familiar with AA. i was referred by my hematologist.)

I ended up needing a transfusion yesterday. my hgb dropped to 7 from 8.4 and my platelets dropped to 25 from 32. All within one week. Actually faster than my new normal. I get weekly cbc's done and haven't needed a transfusion in a month! I started out with almost weekly transfusions. Which is why i was kinda confused about BMT versus other treatment.

Anyway I go see my BMT and Hematologist team in Pittsburgh next Wednesday. And i wanted to know what questions I should ask. They have done a series of blood test. and 3 biopsies in my lower back and one in my chest. All "DRY TAPS". Whatever that means. So I definitely plan on having them explain all my tests to me now that I'm in a better space (mentally wise) to receive the information. ( i was a wreck when this whole thing started).

All input is appreciated. U guys seem well informed. I'm trying to get on that level. At least a little.