View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 8, 2011, 01:18 AM

Hi John
My hubby has t-MDS and, like you, has battled NHL for the past 10 years. And a couple of other unrelatedd cancers during that time. Lots of chemo and radiation, stem cell transplant (auto--for the NHL) in 2008, numerous recurrences . . . no question that he is t-MDS, trilineage, and it is chromosome 7 that is affected. We got the diagnosis started with a BMB mid-March following unexplained drop in blood counts (red, white, and platelets). Took forever to come up with the t-MDS . . . they were expecting and looking for a recurrence of the NHL. Confirmed with another BMB mid-May while he was still receiving treatment for the bladder cancer (right renal pelvis). Rushed through that so he could get started on Vidaza, which he did not tolerate well. Right now, he is getting a Neulasta injection every two weeks and is holding his own. I know it won't last forever, but we're happy for what we've got. I have had trouble finding other t-MDS folks . . . I'm thinking the poor prognosis probably means they aren't around long enough to find the boards. Welcome. And whether you have the "t-" variety or not I will be eager to follow your progress and hear your story.
hubby 73, dx NHL 2001, CNS involvement. SCT (auto) 5/08 [dx UTUC renal pelvis, 2010/surgeries/MMC], MANY recurrences, chemos, surgeries, rad. dx t-MDS 3/11: IPSS 1.5 (Int-2); MDA 11, RCMD trilineage, inc. Fe, ring sideroblasts, 7q del/mono 7 (51.5%), 46,XY,t(6,17)(p22;q25)[4]/45,XY,-7[4]/46,XY[12].