View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 07:58 PM

no chromozone damage &mds

Hi Darice
Thank you for responding to my thread. Though I am new to the forum, I have gleamed much information from it already. Both you and your husband have certainly had many years of dealing with NHL, MDS and other major medical problems. I am fortunate to have been in remission for 10 years from NHL after having 5 reoccurrences the previous 10 years. Just when it appeared that I had no other options a new drug, Rituxin, came out and did for me what none of the other aggressive chemotherapy’s were able to do. I am sure that dealing with your husband’s MDS is a full time job for both of you. That certainly can just wear one down. I am fortunate, as your husband is, to have a loving wife (Jan) there as a caregiver and advocate. Over the years we have gradually learned not to let the disease pull us down every day. Certainly some days that is much easier said than done. I am so grateful for the time I have had. I don’t intend to sit around this time and worry about this on a daily basis as I did before. I will stay informed and do what is recommended and seems reasonable and just let my Doctor(s) deal with this since that is what they are being paid for.
Darice, I hope that in this difficult time you and your husband will be able to have more good days than bad days!