View Single Post
Old Sat May 12, 2012, 01:41 AM

Still having fever

My father is still having fever, the fever started on 10th April and it is more than 1 whole month he is having fever. this is even after a course of Continious wide spectrum antibiotics and anti fungal for almost a month. the blood culture, throat swab culture, and urine culture all came negative/sterile. he is requiring platelet almost every 3 days and that too 2 unit SDP at a time. Its very unfortunate to see my father suffering so much. Doctor is advising to start decitabine as early as possible even in fever, as he says that its not wise to wait till fever subsidized as we have already tried all the antibiotics and anti fungal.

Kindly send ur inputs what to do ?

Can we do more ??

Also kindly share your experience of treatment with decitabine , i mean what to expect as side effects, in regard to counts in the first month, how they behave/fluctuate and how much transfusion of platelet and blood is required and how often and duration of hospitalisation and what to expect from the treatment

Regards,

Neel
Father age 64 diagnosed with MDS RAEB-2, with 15%-18% blasts in October 2010. Only had blood and platelet transfusions. Ayurvedic treatment which showed result for arnd 5 months. Started Tahlidomide 100 mg started on 22 nd April 2011. Revolade 50 mg started on 2 nd april 2012.