Thread: In denial?
View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 31, 2013, 11:47 AM

denial -

Hi - Boy have I been there!!! I have had either aplastic anemia - then MDS - and now evolving into AML for 20+ yrs! I have had ATG, Vidaza, Decadron - Rituxan - and now going to have a transplant if I am fortunate to find a match. Do not be upset that none of the family matched - I dont know the exact percentage but family is not always the match. There are many that find 10 out of 10 matches thru the seaches. I have learned so much again - you are always learning more and more - research is consistantly goin on - but nothing cures but the transplant. All the treatments are for prolonging - they are good dont get me wrong - like for myself it gave time for transplants to be researched and have better outcomes than 10 yrs ago. I would ask the doctors if that is how he should be handling it right now - everyone is different. Be supportive - treat him the same - try to know when he needs extra loving and understanding - spend some special time with him - those are the things that mean alot to some one going thur this - just my feelings. Bless you alll - Susan
Now have RAEB-2, Firbrosis 3+, blasts 18% peripheral, 10 - 14% blasts marrow, chromosomes now T 1:21, trisonomy 16 and 1.- Match found ---10/10 -couldn't believe when I heard - Tentative day is 1/09th!!!! Admit date changed to 11/12. WOW -