Thread: In denial?
View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 1, 2013, 04:09 AM

Hello Kleen, sorry that you have become a member of this club. I honestly think that it may just be his coping mechanism.

I have a 19 y-o son who has been fighting SAA since 2004. He initially did well and then had a relapse and pretty much has been see-sawing with this disease. Well believe it or not, my son has ALWAYS had that "whatever" attitude! Pretty much from the get-go, but I've learned that he actually knows exactly what is going on and does understand that it is serious. He just doesn't worry the same way that I do. He's told me repeatedly that worrying won't change a thing so he just goes with the flow of things.

I agree with edithr that the best thing to do is just be supportive and ready to discuss anything he might want to discuss in his due time. I believe he'll be asking when he's ready.

Hang in there and God bless...