Thread: In denial?
View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 1, 2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleen View Post
Thanks guys, it is nice to hear that my son's reaction seems pretty normal. I think i do enough worrying for both of us. I have suggested he lok for online courses but had a pretty luke-warm reaction from him. I guess it has to come from him...

Thank you again for all you kind words. It is nice to have some support! It seems like itnwill be a long road ahead...
I am 53 and my reaction was at first shock, then....oh well, at least its not terminal, and it could be worse, it could be degenerative like, MS or Parkinsons, or dementia..... I am aware that its serious, but personally I just want to get on with living - they are researching all the time and I hope that one day they find a cure. I prefer not to trail the internet, being a clinician I know that a lot of research is based on very few people. I think your son may just be coping the best way he knows best? and....at that age they don't really have the same concept as us oldies! - may he always be like this, and just keep telling him he will beat it....I believe in self fulfilling prophecies. best of wishes to you all xx