View Single Post
Old Tue May 15, 2007, 01:21 AM

Thread for younger Patients

Hi,

My name is Santiago, I'm 24 and I'm in remission for the second time(first time I was 18) for AA. Having read many of the medical books and the like I always see that that:1. the usual age for aquiring(idiopathic or other) AA is a young adult and 2. I haven't met one single young adult with AA. Although the illness has caused my career to take a short detour I have on the whole been quite lucky, nevertheless, I wish not only to start a thread on this site for young adults but for teenagers as well.
Illness is very difficult, and oddly enough, at least in my case, I seem to have problems relating to others who haven't experineced siginificant hardships in their lives. That is not to stay that I don't relate to people, but more to say that nobody, even family members, ever seem to understand how difficult the process and/or illness is.

In effect, hopefully we can start this thread to address many of the issues which affect patients. In my case, rejoining society "just like that" has been very difficult ans so I wonder if others, in my age group or not, have suffered from this readjustment. I for one have found it extremely difficult.

Best to all,

Santiago