Thread: Ratgam?
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 6, 2010, 10:02 PM

update

Thanks Lisa for your reply. I think maybe my Mom may have just gotten mixed up. I cant see her being the FIRST one here in Alberta to get Rabbit but maybe. I suppose AA IS really rare after all. The Doctor/nurses kept calling it Ratgam so it confused her. She thought they meant from a Rat rather than rabbit or Horse. She also said that a doctor was telling her that they have Beaver ATG now? Seriously sounds odd but who knows. I had planned on talking with her about this today but my dad called and she has been admitted back into the hospital. The doctors say she is bleeding in her back again. She is in very much pain. She was one of those women that no one would ever believe her age because she was so active and so young looking. This has really kicked her butt. Both physically and spiritually.

So if she gets through this and she doesn't see a change in her counts in 5 months from the ATG she got a month ago then what? What else can they do for her at her age? this was her second time around and she cant have a transplant. She has heart and thyroid problems too. This is SO frustrating.