Thread: Ratgam?
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 7, 2010, 04:15 PM

Thanks

Thanks for replying Lisa. Yes this still may work. that is what we are praying for. How long before she should see some movement in her counts? I have read 3 months and I have read 6 months to a year even. I also told Mom about the article I found on here that said they are keeping people on the Cyclosporine for a year now and then tapering as I know her doctor tapered her after 6 months after the first round of ATG. her counts WERE starting to go up at that point but then she relapsed. She was also told when she had the BMB that her marrow was completely empty. Does that mean a worse prognosis for her? or does that not make a difference ?

I never did get a reply about the bleeding in the body so I'm wondering how common that is. She is being released from the hospital again today and being told to stay put in bed as she is bleeding in her back. The Doctors told her she needs to rest to heal the tear and stop the bleeding. Hopefully it will be ok this time.

This has been really hard on my dad too. Just before my mom got sick he was offered a job in a different city 2 weeks in a week out with really great pay so he took it...now he is ready to loose it because he has taken so much time off to help my mom and there is no end in sight. she cant get around by herself. This is so awful. No one deserves this after working so hard all there lives!

Anyways, thank you for replies. It does help to know there are people who know exactly how we feel and what we are going through. And to ask questions if needed. I guess I feel more helpful if I know what I am talking about with the doctors. So thanks!

Susanne