View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:12 PM

what a fun way to spend the lead up to Christmas!

Hi all,

For the last few months, it has seemed that vidaza had stopped working and have needed a couple of transfusions when previously I have been transfusion free. So had BMB on Monday and then received a call from my doctor on Tuesday night saying he wanted to admit me the next morning for chemo. Managed to convince him l needed at least one day to organise my life, care for my children, school drop offs, daycare etc.. so now just waiting for my picc line to be inserted. Not the way I wanted to spend my weeks before Christmas but it is what it is. However I am still fortunate compared to many on this forum as I guess this treatment is an option. Haven't seen doctor as yet so not sure what chemo exactly or even what biospy showed. He did say probably be in hospital for 4 weeks so going to a tight squeeze to make it home for Christmas!