View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 23, 2012, 01:50 AM

I saw my new GP again today. He was not happy that the letter he sent to my previous daycare wasn't responded to. I, however, am not surprised. Not one letter ever written to my haematologist by my previous GP, neurologist or Prof was ever delivered to him. They all ended up in some daycare blackhole and I would have to get copies of the original and give them to him personally.

I have been referred to the local public hospital oncology daycare. I'll wait and see what eventuates.

I was given copies of all correspondence and investigation reports and told to carry them with me to all medical appointments.

I was interested to see that my diagnosis is still officially MDS. The last BMB result (taken months after having a stable copper level) still showed dysplasia in all three cell lines but at least my blast count had fallen to below 5% again. This may explain why my platelets are still falling slowly and steadily.

The GP said my diagnosis is really a moot point as long as my counts keep responding to the IV copper and that's exactly what I've been thinking for quite a while.

Now it's a matter of wait and wait rather than the years of watch and wait that I've already endured.

I'm actually feeling quite well but I suppose at this stage I've only missed two doses of copper.

Regards

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion