Thread: My Dad's Story
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 3, 2008, 10:16 AM

4 Weeks between transfusions!

It's been a while, but I wanted to give a brief update. As of yesterday, Dad went 4 weeks between blood transfusions!!! Previously, he went 3 weeks on 3 units, this time it was 2 units. He goes in this morning for a CBC. Could something be going on in his bone marrow??? We hope so!
Dad's biggest issues right now are pain in his back, right side, and an upset stomach/lack of appetite. We are going to a gastroenterologist next week to see if we can determine the cause of these issues. I know his creatinine and BUN levels have been elevated. Dad is so sensitive to medications, I'm wondering if the cyclosporine is the problem with both issues.
He continues to make progress with his overall strength, taking short walks with the use of a walker. A big improvement from January, when we had to move him with a Hoyer lift!
I continue to pray for my Dad and for all those challenged by bone marrow failure diseases.
Have a wonderful weekend, Deb
dauther of Paul, dx 8/07 with SAA, ATG 9/07, ALG 5/08. Dad is a wonderful and gracious person, I'm so proud of him!