View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 5, 2011, 09:59 AM

Hey Tohobo!

I think Marlene gives you good advice that those bottom of normal counts are well worth working on. But, as she says, it may take a while for the numbers to build back up, given your celiac problem. My wife can't absorb B12 through her digestive system, and so takes twice monthly B12 injections.

Beyond that, the enlarged spleen is a bit concerning, since there are a number of conditions linked to that, including some hematologic problems. Here's a pretty basic starting point from the US National Institutes of Health.

I'd definitely encourage you to have your copper levels checked. I have low copper, as do a number of other folks on marrowforums, and it is an often overlooked problem that can mimic MDS, causing significant anemia, and can also lead to neurological problems.

Are you working with a hematologist at this point?

Take Care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com