View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 6, 2011, 10:16 AM

Thanks for that reminder about the liver and spleen making blood. I completely forgot. Funny, how I forget so much of the stuff I researched when John was critical now that he's doing so well. In infants, the liver makes blood until the bone marrow kicks in.

Tohobo....Do stay on top of things and do everything you can to improve your overall health. Nutrition is an important aspect of healing. John's HGB and platelets were always low normal and sometimes just below normal. They too told us that it must be normal for him. As far as we know, he was like that for at least 20 years before he came down with SAA. But try not to obsess about it. Focus on getting your nutritional status up. It takes time to restore, and then time to heal. You've already taken a huge step to stopping the progression of injuries due to gluten and that is significant.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.