View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2011, 01:51 PM

I also received high dose cy in Feb, after being diagnosed with SAA, I was seen by Dr.Brodsky, and choose the treatment following his recommendations on my diagnosis. He didn't treat me, I came back to Canada for my treatment to be near family for support. I am canadian, I moved to Brooklyn in 2010. I was able to receive mine at PMH in toronto, Dr Brodsky referred me. I started cell production about 5 weeks after treatment, however I had some serious complications due to the hidh dose chemo received, I accuired a severe punemonia infection which I was in an induced coma for about 4 months in total leading to life support, as punemonia turned into Acute respitory distress syndrome which I was diagnosed with two months after being admitted for treatment. It took a while for my body to start making cells, but through my complications remarkably cell production was improving at an astonishing rate. I was on transfussions and blood filters for oxygenation throughout my coma, I am currently down to only having needed to go in twice for transfussions, I was also diagnosed with diabetes in july my doctor says it is a complication from the high dose chemo and everything I went through, my pancrease damaged, I have type 1 and insulin dependant which has been affecting my cell production, having difficulty with maintaining my blood sugars which I learned it also impedes my counts. I am also happy to answer any questions or advice needed.