View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 16, 2012, 10:19 PM

Ryan while it might not seem any consolation right now, at least you are only 37.

You have time to re evaluate and re acquire. I suggest you talk to a financial advisor (independent of any of your creditors or investings) and work on a solution even if it's not palatable in the short term.

One of my friends was married to a man for over thirty years. He would disappear for a year at a time with some business venture or other and he would only contact her when he needed money to support whatever current business was failing. In the meantime she worked full time, saved a deposit for a home, secured a mortgage, paid the mortgage and raised two children without any emotional or financial support.

When his last business failed the creditors took everything including her savings and the house that only she had contributed to.

Here she was 60 years old with no home, no savings and still responsible for his debts. She could have gone bankrupt and started anew. She decided to divorce her husband, pay off his debts and start saving for her future.

She has paid all creditors, is debt free and is accumulating her retirement nest egg. She has done it tough and at a lot later stage of life.

She figures she will have enough savings to stop work when she's 70 even though she will have to rent.

Ryan where there is life there is opportunity.

Regards

Ps. My friends ex husband found a woman from the Phillipines to be his partner. My friend feels very sorry for her. She will be the one working and supporting this man.
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion