Thread: Ayurveda
View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 20, 2012, 04:20 PM

Ayurveda

Hello Everyone,

I am pretty new to this forum and I was overwhelmed to see the kind of information we have in this forum. My father who is 71yr old was diagnosed with low risk MDS RCMD in March 2011. His Hb was around 9.2 at the time of diagnosis and has been falling constantly since then. Couple of months back he had to take 2units of transfusion as his HB fell to 7.5. Currently it is at 8.2 and rest of his counts have been pretty stable. His bone marrow blast was 4% when he was diagnosed last year and couple of months back it was around 3%.He has been taking the generic brand of Erythropoeitin injections 200mcg ( Cresp ) every week since past 6months and we havent seen any improvement. He is also taking Danazol 600mg everyday and we believe might be helping him in keeping the blood counts stable.

He has been complaining about pain in the shoulders and back of his knee. Not sure if this has anything to do with MDS ? Entire family is pretty tensed and we fear the worst everyday. We consulted an Ayurveda doctor who thinks he can treat his problem. Basically he uses heavy metals as part of his treatment which includes silver and mercury. Was wondering if this is the right time to take this risk? Any suggestions are welcome.

Vikas