View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 16, 2014, 01:09 PM

Dan, my understanding is some centers, like mine in Seattle (Fred hutch) don't typically use neupogen this close to transplant as it can compromise new cell growth across the lines. Of course this may depend on a number of factors, so its not set in stone. Different schools of thought.

Oops on my engraftment congrats. I misread your #'. Great to see everything steadily improving

I had a mini transplant, so #'s improve a bit faster than a full transplant. Although typically in both types of transplants the white cells/neotrophils engraft first, in my case it was the platelets which sored to 211 on day 14 (& 315 on day 16). My white cells engrafted on day 20. The numbers can bounce around a bit still after engraftment. For example, at 1 month out my platelets dropped below normal for about a week, suddenly, which freaked me out a bit since they had been so high, but my transplant team reassured me this happens & it should return to normal-which they did.

Great to hear they may release you this week