View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 19, 2014, 09:38 AM

riccd2001, that is an interesting suggestion. I am now wondering if that is why they serve a slice of pineapple with every dish here? I will certainly give it a try since I would like to taste food again sooner rather than later.

Update for the day - I am getting released from the hospital to outpatient today My blood counts cooperated pretty well last night, so I am up to 11.0 HGB, 44k Platelets, and 1.3 WBC with ANC at 793. I will be on a neutropenic diet until I hit 2000, even though the threshold here is 1000 ANC, I just dont want to have to come back for something like a food borne illness if i can prevent it. All chemistries look good except magnesium, which is chronically low being on Tacrolimus. 1.7 almost every morning - which means 4 grams of magnesium IV.

Total of 30 days in the hospital. not too bad.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.