Thread: Myeloid sores
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 8, 2017, 11:36 AM

Myeloid sores

I was first diagnosed with MDS in 2013 after a gene sequencing as part of a bone marrow biopsy. I was on Vidaza from Jan 2014 thru mid 2015 with no significant improvement. I was accepted for the NIH Promacta clinical trial in August of 2015; was released Dec 2015 since I had no signs of my body utilizing the Promacta. Had Campath in Feb of 2016 and while it helped for a few months I reverted back to low HGB needing transfusions every 18 to 24 days; the Campath has kept me from having to get platelets.

This January i started having round spots come up on my skin which progressed into bumps/sores. The final (took 3tries) pathology report showed myeloid cells. The diagnosis then changed to my MDS is morphing into something else. Started a five day course of Vidaza last Monday.

The spots are now appearing all over my body. My joints have developed some spots around them and are painful. Just checking with this forum to find out if anyone else has experienced a myeloid morphing and what the outcome has been.