View Single Post
Old Wed May 19, 2010, 06:19 AM

I've had a good chat to a few people - family and friends etc. I think that this could work. Some people are really kind. I've decided to have the transplant here in Melbourne. I trust my Doctors opinion. And I know the future may be bleak if I don't do it now while I'm young and reasonably healthy.

Have my first appointment at the BMT unit for a discussion on the 2nd of June. So in the next few weeks I will be writing down my heap of questions... but you know I wonder if sometimes if it's ok to not have to KNOW EVERYTHING, right at this moment! Step at a time... and enjoy my life while I can. In the lovely outdoors... and smell the roses... and do lots of shopping!!!!!!!

A few of the things I may not be able to do during the whole BMT process.

I'm believing this is going to be one of the most positive experiences of my life. Thanks everyone for your support thus far.

Jules
Julie (38yrs); dx AA 1996 & treated w/ATG, cyclosporine & G-CSF; 2010 dx int-1 secondary MDS, low platelets, on prevention antibiotics, fevers of unknown origin, MUD found for BMT when the time is right, which is now! MDS transformed to AML after many infections.