View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 27, 2019, 04:45 PM

Still Fighting

Thanks for the update on Ed. I am glad to hear that he is making progress, despite the inevitable setbacks.

I am doing well at the moment. The chemo was discontinued after three cycles because my biopsy showed that I was back in remission and my chimerism was up to 99%.

Since them my blood counts have been erratic, but they are gradually improving, with frequent and inexplicable drops.

I been having bone marrow biopsies about once a month and I am plagued with GvHD of the gut, skin and eyes, but it is worth the price. The doc is thinking about a top up of stem cells to boost my platelet count.

Thanks for listening to my story. I hope it can be of some help to those on a similar journey. Never give up and keep your focus on the future.
David, Age 60, diagnosed with MDS August 2018. Low Hb and platelets, weekly transfusions. No genetic mutations. Developed into AML with FLT3 mutation while waiting for a SCT. Allogenic SCT - MUD in Feb 2019. Relapsed June 2019. Azacitidine, Venetoclax and DLI.