View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 23, 2013, 01:10 AM

Hi everyone, I too are waiting for my transplant which is scheduled for the 6th of march.My conditioning chemo starts on wed. And even though I knew this was coming and use to be so positive, the whole thing terrifies me! However my story is different as I only have an 8/10 match, and have since Nov last year have been in hospital for 12 out of 14 weeks. I transformed from meds to aml and had induction chemo which failed and second lot of chemo (with a stay in icu due to an infection) which has produced remission but no real count recovery & are basically getting platelets every second day and red twice a week. But terrified or not what choice do I have!Like u Cam I have two children 5&8 who need their mum! Good luck everyone and I say grab the chance while you are well. I am already so tired of hospitals & being away from my kids & have lost 8 kilograms so far. But this is my only option so I have a few days to work on my positivity & find some mote inner strength and get this done.