Thread: NIH called
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 12, 2012, 04:55 PM

Sally,

Thank you so very much for the comforting words both here and in your email. You and your husband are such an inspiration for all of us. We made an appointment for Wednesday with our regular oncologist here in Atlanta to try to get things moving in another direction, whether it be Moffitt in Tampa or something else. I know when one door closes, another opens; even though it's hard for us to see that right now.
I'll post tomorrow after we talk with our oncologist and let you know what we are going to try next. Now that we have to be concerned about insurance, and approvals, and all that other stuff that we didn't have to consider at NIH, it will probably take a little longer.
When things calm down, I'll sit down and email you our experience in Bethesda. As far as NIH, it was top notch and I don't regret our trip up there. It was definitely a learning experience.
Hope y'all have had a good trip.
Thanks again for helping me keep the faith.
Linda
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.