View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 26, 2008, 09:28 PM

Red face

Hi Jenny L.

I also have twin girls but mine are fraternal twins (11y). Danica had vsAA and had to have a BMT, her twin was a perfect match. I know that you are going through a difficult time. Sometimes decisions feel the worst.

I was debating on holding Danica back, for Danica it would have devastating. Because of Bushes "No Child Left Behind", the school district has to provide an education for your child. in our case the school sent a teacher to our house every day (no charge) for 1&1 /2 hrs 1 on 1 and met mandatory requirement. When she went to the hospital they had a program That met school requirement. Danica enjoyed the distraction, plus they gave her very little homework. When she was feeling very sick they let it slide.

Danica was able to stay with her Twin, the school set up a tutorial when Danica came back that if she needed extra help she would get it. I am happy to say that she is doing very well and came up to speed quickly.

I think when you have twins it puts a little twist especial if they are of the same sex. Just food for thought.