View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 27, 2011, 11:25 PM

WHAT?!

I would be livid! I am not too fond of my doctor's though. I would definitely ask them about it. Phrase it like, "what do your hospital SOPs state about obtaining information about patients from online sources such as social networks, blogs, forums, etc." Or, "Does your clinic/hospital make it a practice to go online to find information about your patients."

I find it a bit like spying. The doctor's will treat you differently if they find out that you are doing something you shouldn't or trying to get other opinions. They will label you as "non-compliant" and will never trust anything you say ever again. At least that is what I was told about my doctors. Unfortunate.

I worked in healthcare and unless this is directly addressed to your doctor then it shouldn't be in your health records. Remember, that when you sign a medical records release, those parties have access to your entire medical record. So insurance companies, social security, FDA (if you were on a clinical trial), etc. have complete access to your medical record, including correspondence.

Although, anything you put on the internet is free for anyone to see. I hope my doctors read my posts...maybe they will get the reality check that desperately need!