View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 11, 2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Cuadra View Post
Ashleigh,

You may need to undergo further tests, perhaps another bone marrow biopsy, to get a more definitive diagnosis. While a transplant can cure either aplastic anaemia or MDS, and your age may make you a great transplant candidate if you have a well-matched donor, other treatment choices are more specific to the diagnosis. If it's aplastic anaemia, then another ATG treatment is a possibility. If it's low-risk MDS, they may want to "wait and watch".

You might want to ask for a copy of your bone marrow biopsy lab report, even though it's written in doctor-to-doctor terminology, because it will have clues to what they actually found. Then you can ask your doctor more pointed questions, such as what "abnormal" refers to.

Is your family helping you? You want everyone you can get on your support team.
Yeah at the moment its kind of "watching and waiting"
however, I know that the doctors want to push for a transplant because I am young, even though they can only find a 9/10 match for the donor. I will most likely discuss the MDS possibility tomorrow when I see him, as they may have found something.
Diagnosed AA in 2009;treated rabbit ATG+Cyclosporin the same year, taken off Cyclosporin in 2011; Relapsed AA in 2015 and had horse ATG as of 08/02/16. I have copy neutral loss of heterozygosity in chromosome 6p, affecting the HLA region.