View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 14, 2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmab View Post
Hi Hopeful,

Thank you for your very useful info. I looked on my BMB pathology report for the CD4/CD8 ratio. I see that they looked at CD3, but not CD4 or CD8. What are these exactly (I'm a newbie to all this)? Should they have looked at them? Oh, one more thing. My natural EPO level is 396. My doc said that there was "room" (a count under 500) to try Epogen. Is it worth giving it a try? Seems like my kidneys are doing their thing, trying to stimulate the cells. Does natural EPO get as high as 500? Assuming my EPO stays around 400, maybe I should see if my Hgb holds at 9, or even increases.

marmab

marmab
Trying to remember back to my own trial of epo.....a longggg time ago. If I remember correctly, my epo level was 300 range. I tried epo. It seemed to keep my Hgb low 9 range. I think a few months later was the next time it was checked....it was over 14,000....yes, 14,000....I was told it was not working for it to be that high and not have a normal HGB. So it was stopped. Shortly after, I started needing transfusions again like prior to my epo shots.....not frequently....but needed nontheless. Not sure I would go the same route if I redid it....but just thought I would share the experience. Laura