View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 05:09 AM

I find them excruciatingly painful. I've tried the conscious sedation (I'm also at King's), and it really doesn't do much for me. It only makes my head fuzzy but doesn't do anything for the pain so I never use it. I'd rather be able to go home right away afterwards. The only thing that helps me is having my fiance there with my to hold my hand and keep talking to me to distract me. But the BMB room is so small, I often had to put up a fight to allow him to be there.

I am so, so SO glad I don't have to endure them anymore (knock on wood). I've had three spinal taps, a liver biopsy, IVF, skin biopsies, and several surgeries in my day, and the only thing that even came close to the pain of the BMBs was the lung biopsy aftermath (where I was cut open in three places under general anaesthetic and still have numbness near the site of one incision).
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)