Thread: 3 yr old has AA
View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 2, 2011, 12:09 AM

Question 3 yr old has AA

Afternoon all, I am a bit worried about my son at the moment he first fell ill when he was 9months old, he needed blood an platelet transfusion, he had know neutrafil, WBC was very low. He was diagnosed after quite of few test when he was 14 months old with severe aplastic anemia. He started ATG, an was on Cyclosporine for a year. During this time we did IVF to make our beutiful son Jayden who is the perfect bone marrow match. Once Anthony finished his medication, a month later he relapsed an required a blood transfusion. He went another 5 months without blood, then had one recently. He has gone know 6 weeks without one. My son can not really talk so its sometime hard to know whats wrong, it hard to tell if his red bloods go down has he is still very active an doesn't go pale. All his other counts are excellent. I would like to know what sort of early symptoms to look for, an should we do the BMT. Or since all his other counts are fine there is know need for it. Also when getting bloods transfusion does it hurt. Sorry I know so many questions, its been a rough journey.