View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 14, 2012, 10:42 PM

Everyone;
Thanks for the words of encouragement and support - and of course - your prayers mean more than I can ever tell you.
I am so worried about Earl - he just seems to be slipping away. Nothing he eats seems to stay with him or help put on weight - even when I 'doctor it up' with protein powder. I only hope that he will be able to get his chemo starting on the 22nd - hopefully he will be able to get 5 doses in. If he does, it will be the first time - his other 2 sessions were interrupted - either by a hospitalization, or by the hema/onc's associate giving the wrong instructions and holding treatment when he should not have. Too - this will also be the first time he will start the Revlimid. I am so hoping that something kicks in - I am getting to the point where I don't know where to turn.
I don't know whether to see if we can get in to see Dr. Sekkeres again or not - since when we say him before - he told us to stay the course - but that was when Earl was on Dacogen. It's not like Cleveland is just around the corner - but if it would help him - I don't care where I would have to go.
I must say - I was very disappointed in the MDS conference that was held in Pittsburgh last week. One of the presenters never showed up at all - they had the conference room set up for 80 people - and if 15 showed - I would be surprised - and 2 of those were the Dr.'s nurses. Also, the Dr. from Johns Hopkins left early - said he had a plane to catch, so you really couldn't get a lot of questions answered. Glad I took the bus down - at least that way, I didn't have to pay for gas, or for a discounted rate in the parking garage. And the hotel where it was held was only 2 blocks from the bus station.
Hope everyone else is doing better.

((((HUGS))))
Beth